I always wanted to visit Jim Corbett and honest confession- Never have I ever thought that my first ever trip would be SO SO amazing and “Extra”.
Before you read further, let me tell you, you would definitely want to visit this place once you are done reading.
I visited there for just 2 days and it was not actually a vacation, but an Experience. After a good amount of Online Research, I got to know about Aahana The Corbett Wilderness and instantly booked it after checking the pictures.
My welcome at the property was an experience too. All that music, Teeka, Buraansh (rhododendron) juice as a welcome drink. Wow! Such Raja feels!
Know your Hosts:
Well well, I really feel you should know the mastermind behind Aahana.
Mr. Kamal Tripathi and his wife Mrs. Sunita Tripathi founded Aahana Resort in the southern periphery of Jim Corbett National Park in the hill state of Uttarakhand, India.
Started in 2002, Aahana is a home for over the world but also for the 173 bird species, the 200 species of trees.
The resort is highly acclaimed by environmentalists for conservation, employing local people and making investments in recycling projects.
As they say,
“Giving Back to Nature!”
About Aahana, The Corbett Wilderness:
Aahana is a high rated uber-luxury resort, spread over sprawling 11 acres, in the lap of nature. The resort religiously follows the concept of Responsible Tourism, no waste goes out from the property. They have their own organic garden, goshala and Asia’s largest natural sewage treatment plant.
The resort offers walking/jogging track, cycling, Buggy ride, bird watching, yoga & meditation sessions, spa and naturopathy center (in house naturopathy doctors) in addition to a large number of indoor and outdoor activities.
No. of rooms: 48
Approx. cost of one room: Rs. 13500 – 15000 for one room (2 people) with breakfast & Rs. 1000 for extra bedding
Villas: 10 (suitable for families)
Approx. cost of one Villa: Rs. 50000
To start with, most of the vegetables & herbs are grown organically at the Resort’s garden, which makes the ‘food” an experience in itself.
Their Multi-Cuisine restaurant “Dhikala” has a variety of authentic menu for both, international & local cuisine. They offer the Mediterranean, Oriental and Indian cuisine catering to different palates.
High-tea by the poolside is an add on!
‘Dhikala’ Restaurant offering a magnificent view with a dramatic backdrop of the jungle.
How to Reach Aahana, The Corbett Wilderness:
From Delhi: 280 km | 6 hours approx.
Drive from New Delhi to the Resort is 5-6 hrs. approx.
Also, there are a lot of direct buses from Delhi to Ramnagar. After reaching there, you can further take a cab till the resort.
Ramnagar Railway Station is 15 minutes drive from the Resort.
The closest airport for Aahana Resort is the Pantnagar airport 70 km.
Take a taxi from there till the destination.
How to book?
Address: Vill. Sawaldeh PO Semalkhaliya, Jim Corbett National Park, Ramnagar Nainital, India 244715
You can book it on TripAdvisor
Check out the Location Map here:
Must-know facts about Aahana, The Corbett Wilderness:
- There are cycles available at the property, free of charge. You can take it outside also but honestly, the property itself is big enough to roam around
- They have a Naturopathy Centre also which provides a range of services, like, Ayurveda, Nature Cure (drugless cure), Yoga (Mind-Body balance), Western Spa therapies (body detox) and a multitude of relaxing therapies. These therapies are provided by experts in a clean, comfortable, luxury and eco-friendly environment.
- Aahana stands today as an Ecologically Responsible and Sustainable retreat amidst the wild environs of Corbett.
- They donated apart of the resort land where the hand pump for the village has been put up, and it has drastically solved the village’s water problem.
- Before Aahana was built, there was a way which used to connect two villages. After construction, they didn’t close that way, it’s still functional.
- Aahana also has one of Asia’s biggest and most unique Sewage Treatment Plant, which uses Canna Root Zone System without the use of electricity and chemicals and recycles 100% waste water from the facility to provide clean water for gardening.
- They also have organic gardens and their own Gaushala (cow shed).
- The construction area is only 25% of the 13.5 acres makes space for various lawns and walking tracks.
Things to do or places to visit around Jim Corbett:
- Jungle Safari
- Elephant Ride
- Corbett Waterfall
- Garjia Temple
- Corbett Museum
- Kosi River
- Angling (Fishing) in Corbett
- Durga Mandir
- Sitabani Temple
- Gyan Yatra
Value for money: 5/5
Wi-fi: Yes, doesn’t work well though
Phone Network: Only for calls- Vodafone, Airtel, Jio
Parking facility: Yes
Who should visit Rambling Rose?
- Couples, for a romantic and luxury getaway
- Families. Actually, it’s a perfect place to spend some quality time with families
I hope you like this blog. Do check out my Instagram and Facebook for regular updates of my trips and events. Also, don’t forget to share your feedback about this blog in the Comments Section. See you in the next one!
Aahana – Where Luxury meets Responsibility