About the Hostel:
Hashtag Hostel is a luxurious yet bohemian backpacker activity-led hostel located in the yoga hub of Rishikesh, provides an inclusive environment for all the travelers who may seek the mountains for reasons of their own. Their accommodation with amenities like – multi-cuisine cafe & kitchen, a courtyard, three chilling zones with hand on games, a badminton court, open porches & balconies to hang loose, a mini library and activities like – river rafting, bungee jumping, hiking, market tours etc. is the talk of the town and is ideal for guests who want to be part of the creative and cutting-edge world that is Rishikesh.
How did I get to know about Hashtag Hostel?
Of course Instagram. I wanted to explore Rishikesh and while researching, i got to know about Hashtag hostel. FYI, there are 22 hostels in Rishikesh and it was a pretty tough decision to choose one. The hostel is all about “feel” and ‘experience”. And I choose Hashtag Hostel because it was genuinely fitting in the criteria.
Reasons you should come to Hashtag Hostel:
My Rishikesh trip was a great experience majorly because of Hashtag Hostel.
- Because Udit is a great host. He will guide you everything and will make you feel at home
- Because of cool graffitis. They are pretty good selfie spots
- Sincere and supportive interns. Not to miss – Aastha and Abhishek, these two kids take good care of guests
- Events !
Yes that’s the main reason. As in, they keep on organising random events almost every week. During my 2 nights of stay, there was DJ night and Rajasthani folk music event. And i regret not being able to attend their pool party (which they majorly organise on Wednesday’s)
- E-bikes. That’s the best way to explore rishikesh, considering the traffic jam there and problem of public conveyance.
- Rooftop view of rishikesh (from 5th floor)
- Cold coffee, kachumber peanut salad & cheese balls
How to Reach Rishikesh (from Delhi): 252 km
The nearest airport around Rishikesh is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun that is located at a distance of 20 km. Regular flights at the airport are available. From there, you can book a cab for Rishikesh.
The tourists can easily reach Rishikesh by hiring a car from the Haridwar railway station, which is almost 30 km from Rishikesh. Haridwar is well connected to all major cities and towns so people can reach at this place comfortably.
Rishikesh is well connected from all the major cities and towns by the number of buses so people will not face any problem in reaching the place smoothly. There are so many private operators as well as govt. buses are also there. You can book the bus from RedBus or Paytm. Rishikesh has decent road connectivity with cities such as Delhi (252 Kilometres), Dehradun (45 Kilometres), Mussoorie (72 Kilometres), Haridwar (19 Kilometres), and Mathura (378 Kilometres).
You can check out the exact location here:
They have 8 beds female dorm, two 8 beds mixed dorm and two 6 beds mixed dorm along with 8 private rooms. Dorms are equipped with bunk beds which are 6 and a half feet long, made in order to match the European standards. The dorms have attached washrooms shared among only those members who are staying in the dorm. Every bed you book has an advantage of a free locker facility which is fairly enough in size to store a volume of up to 500 ltr of the boot. Free WI-FI with a speed of 20 mbps is a complementary addition.
Towels and toiletries can be availed at a minimum extra charge from the reception as the pricing for the same are not included in the booking price.
However, private rooms are fully equipped with all the facilities like shower gel, shampoo and hand wash in the washroom and tea/ coffee maker in the rooms.
Dorms Price: 300-400 INR
Private Price: 1500-1600 INR
There is a variety of options you can choose from. Food taste is pretty decent and it’s decently priced too. The cafe is open all day.
Activities you can do with Hashtag Hostel:
- Rafting (Starting Rs. 600 – Rs. 2500)
- Market tour with Ganga Aarti
- Communal Meals (lunch or dinner)
- Beach Visita
- Hostel Association Party
- Random Event Nights
- Movie Nights
- Kunjapuri Sunrise Downhill trek
How to book?
Address: Yoga St, Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249137
You can book from Booking.com: https://www.booking.com/hotel/in/hashtag-hostel
Or here: MakeMyTrip
Or at Goibibo
Phone No.: + 91 8126723363 | +91 9911555659
Let me be very honest here. Just the moment I entered the hostel, I was very skeptical about my stay and experience. But that anxiety was over just after 10-15 mins. We reached at 6:30 am at the hostel and obviously, everyone was sleeping. We relaxed in the common area and played games there. And yeah, it was no less than “a perfect stay” or I prefer to call my trips as “experience” so “a perfect experience at Hashtag Hostel”
Value for money: 5/5
Parking facility: Yes
Approximate cost for 1 person in Dorm rooms: Rs. 300 – 400
Private Rooms (twin sharing): Rs. 1500 – Rs. 1600
As per the conversation with Udit, the owner, he wish to make Hashtag Hostel as a party and events hostel. Keeping that in mind, he keeps on organizing events such as pool parties, Rajasthani Folk music night, DJ nights, Live music gigs etc.
This is what differentiate Hashtag hostels from other 21 hostels currently functioning in Rishikesh. It’s all about the experience i would say.
- Must try – E-bikes (book it from the hostel itself)
- Rishikesh is much more than rafting. Be open to the experiences
- Try to make some good friends at the hostel and go out for a midnight walk. It’s fun, trust me.
- Do not miss going to Freedom Ghat at 3 in the morning. It’s so calm & quiet.
- Plus you will experience the best view of Lakshman Jhula.
Who should come to the Hashtag hostel?
- Apt for girls traveling in groups or solo. There are separate female dorms where no male members are allowed inside.
- People traveling on a budget.
- Someone traveling solo and need a safe space to stay and network with people
- Someone who wishes to enjoy with fellow travelers (strangers at the hostel)
- I am a little doubtful about families (with kids) but during my previous trips and hostel stays, I have met some really cool mums traveling with their daughters and staying at hostels. So yeah, if someone is up for that sort of experience, then why not.
If you are planning to visit Rishikesh, than consider staying at Hashtag Hostel. Your trip is sorted, trust me. They will help you plan the itinerary and who knows, you might find some really good company (like i found).