1. Tell people about yourselfI am a Interior Designer from Amchi Mumbai. Besides that I have successfully ventured into several other creative fields such as being a voice artist, radio jockey, sound engineer, copy writer, ad sales producer, art director, founder of a school of performing arts , founder of a home fashion line first of its kind in India and so on….
As a traveller , I have been travelling solo full time for the last 3 years now and have explored entire India (One and half times so far) and some 8 other countries.
(So you see, I am a Rebel interested in taking new Pangas in life every time, An Explorer looking for new challenges)
2. What kind of a traveler are you?I am a Solo Traveller.
3. Looking at your voyage stories people often think it’s quite fancy and easy to pack the bag and start a journey, what are your thoughts on it?Well, definitely not as easy and fancy as it sounds, but not difficult as well. All I do is NOT think and just follow my heart. One definitely needs 100% conviction in their decision to take off. This will include getting out of your comfort zone, willing to deal with troubles /hardships, the maturity to deal with any kind of people, sensible enough to make the right choices, ability to sort out things when they go wrong, keeping yourself safe and secured and so on…along with the guts to deal with natural disasters as well.
I have gone without food for days, been stuck due to landslides and snow storms, drenched in rain for days and almost drowned in the floods of Kerala last year.
(I have tons of stories to share. We will have to do another session on what to expect when travelling solo)
4. “” Being girl, it’s not safe to travel solo””. What are your thoughts on this?The words “ Being a Girl” triggers me! Born in a conservative Indian family, I have grown up being reminded all the time that I was a Girl!
Universe created two gender for the purpose of reproduction. Thats it!
So I don’t understand why differentiation.
It’s a human being travelling . Doesn’t make any difference at all.
The same guts and courage and sensibility is required.
The worst people fear is a rape, who said boys aren’t raped ?
5. How do you fund your travels?Initially I started with my savings. Learnt to travel low budget with time and experience, even learnt to travel with no money, and now I have managed to get my trips sponsored too! Its an art that comes with time and experience and again your conviction n desire to do it anyways possible and not give up on your dream.
6. What is your greatest personal achievement?There are a lot of them. I am stronger, more confident, away from the materialistic things in life, detached from all kind of emotions, I am now only committed towards my other responsibilities in life but completely detached at the same time. Lost track of dates , numbers ….( they have no meaning in my life no) I am now a survivor, a disaster manager, absolutely fearless in all senses, and best of all is , discovered myself and self love!
7. Your message / travel tips to all the women out there on this Women’s’ day?Be human. Be fearless, follow your heart, Love yourself the way you are, love your life, and LIVE IT NOW! You only get it once, chuck the rest of the crap! It’s a waste of time and life is too precious to be wasted.
8. How can people connect with you?My Instagram handle is @my.madventures or email me at email@example.com
Team Travel Affairs wishes you a very Happy Women’s Day !