Tirthan is a place for explorers and one of the best way to know the real essence about the place is, talk to locals. Keeping this thought in mind, I decided to stay in a homestay and experience the place in the most authentic way possible.
About the Homestay:
Tirthan River View homestay is situated in Tirthan Valley, village Ropajoni, P.O. Gaushaini, tehsil – Banjar, Distt. Kullu, Himachal Pradesh. The homestay has 4 bedrooms with double occupancy and dining area with the view of river and mighty mountains. It is a traditionally designed structure and made up of wood and mud with all the modern amenities.
Know the host:
Mr. Paras ram Bharti is your go-to person here and is one of the most humble, experienced and sweet person you will ever come across. He will help you with trekking, camping, fishing, and a few other activities too. Mrs. Indira Bharti (wife) & Mrs. Veena Bharti (daughter-in-law) takes care of the kitchen and cooks the delicious Himachali food.
How to Reach (from Delhi / Chandigarh):
– Take a bus till Manali and get down at Aut. From there, you can hire a taxi or get a local bus till this homestay.
Book a Stay:
Reasons you should come to this homestay:
* You will get different varieties of authentic Himachali home cooked food.
* A place to learn, unlearn, experience, relax and just do nothing or anything.
* Especially liked their balcony, worked for almost 6-8 hours with the sound of the river, birds chirping and mountains.
* Architecture and interiors here have that old world charm.
* Mr. Paras Bharti will assist and guide you personally to all treks and nature walk you wish to do.
Food I tried:
Siddu, Kadhi chawal, Baingan, Aaloo beans, and few other veggies. The best thing was the “onion-tomato” chutney. Trust me, I ate a lot of it. Food is not fancy but very healthy, authentic, less oily and tasty.
Paras Bhaiya assisted our group on a trek to GHNP and he is the best possible guide you can have. He will tell you the stories, take you to the hidden waterfalls, and his hospitality will make you go “awwwww”.
Value for money:
Approximate cost for 2 people:
You can also contact them on Instagram or Facebook.
First thing first, add Tirthan Valley in your travel bucket list if you haven’t already !