Trishita Bhattacharya | #BetterThanEqual
1. Tell people about yourselfMy name is Trishita Bhattacharya, a 22 year old freelance photographer based in Mumbai.
2. What kind of a traveler are you?The slow kind, the explorer, the dreamer. I like to wander aimlessly because that’s when I end up finding real treasures 😉
3. Looking at your voyage stories people often think it’s quite fancy and easy to pack the bag and start a journey, what are your thoughts on it?Actually the opposite. Sometimes work takes so much toll on you that you don’t end up enjoying the location you’re in. It’s tough also because your audience has high expectations from you when you go on your next adventure!
4. “” Being girl, it’s not safe to travel solo””. What are your thoughts on this?It’s absolutely safe albeit some parts of India are still not very travel friendly towards women. It’s all in our hands. We can choose the location according to our comfort zone or can go wherever we want to. I’m more responsible and know how to take care of myself when I’m travelling.
5. How do you fund your travels?As I mentioned, I’m a freelance photographer and get projects offline (paid shoots) as well as online (content creation, social media campaigns, etc). Some of my travels are funded by brands that I’m working with and I try extending my trips too because it gives me a sense of the place from my own perspective which helps me photograph and write better about it!
6. What is your greatest personal achievement?That I could convince my parents to let me pursue Photography coming from a Pharmacy background. Nothing gives me more joy to see their happy and smiling faces when I achieve something in this field, however small it maybe!
7. Your message / travel tips to all the women out there on this Women’s’ day?Get out and explore! There is so much to see, experience and live. Don’t let anything or anyone bog you down and tell you that you can’t do it, because you very well can 😉
8. How can people connect with you?You can either write an email to email@example.com or send me a DM on my Instagram (@overrated_outcast)
Team Travel Affairs wishes you a very Happy Women’s Day !